Education Grants 2023
Opening Date: Wednesday 1 March 2023
Closing Date: Sunday 30 April 2023 (now closed)
We are pleased to inform whānau that our NEW grants portal is now active and ready to accept applications. This is the first year that we are using the Māori Education Trust portal to process our grants.
- Did you apply last year? If you applied last year, you would have already received an email informing you that your details are already in the NEW portal.
- Did you apply to Māori Education Trust previously? If you have previously registered with the Māori Education Trust portal then you just need to ensure that your profile has Ngāti Mutunga (Taranaki) listed as one of your iwi and you will then see our grants.
ENSURE you have the following documentation ready for upload:
- “ACADEMIC REFERENCE” – this is a letter from your research supervisor for Masters and PhD Level or a simple CV for other grants
- “BANK” – this is a verification of your bank account number
- “ENROLMENT” – this is confirmation from your institution of your enrolment
- “NGATI MUTUNGA REGISTRATION” – this is evidence of your registration if you are 18 years + then you will need to be registered under your name (refer to the link below for the registration form)
- “WRITTEN STATEMENT” – you will need to write and upload a statement that answers the following two questions:
- Why have you chosen your field of study or course?
- How will your course contribute towards Ngāti Mutunga?
Access to Portal
If this is the first time you are applying through the Maori Education Trust you will need to create an account so you can submit your application. Please ensure that you read each section carefully and follow the instruction diligently to ensure that you successfully complete your application.
This is a new way of us processing our grants so if you have any questions please make contact with the office by phone on 06 752 3247 or by email on email@example.com.